30 January 2019
Podcast Ep 063: Optimising Body Composition JPS X Sigma
In this episode of the podcast, Jacob has a roundtable discussion with Danny Lennon of Sigma Nutrition and Director of Science at JPS, Lyndon Purcell on their presentations for their up-coming Australian Tour of the Optimising Body Composition Seminar.
- What is body composition
- Defining optimization
- What are the benefits of learning to optimize body composition?
- Why is it important to understand physiology?
- An overview of physiology for fat loss and muscle growth
- The role of nutrition in body composition enhancement
- The common misconceptions surrounding diet and muscle growth
- The common pitfalls of dieting for fat loss
- Common pitfalls of coaches and athletes when it comes to dietary design
- An overview of diet periodization and Danny’s macrocycle model The role of resistance training in muscle growth
- The common misconceptions surrounding training for hypertrophy
- Evidence based recommendations for the acute training variables for muscle growth
- How energy balance effects program design
- Limitations to long term muscle development