- M Rosenbaum, Adaptive thermogenesis in humans. International journal of obesity (2005) 34 Suppl 1(1):S47-55 · October 2010
- Leibel R, Rosenbaum M, Hirsch J. Changes in energy expenditure resulting from altered body weight. N Eng J Med. 1995; 332:621–28.
- Weigle D, Sande K, Iverius P, Monsen E, Brunzell J. Weight loss leads to a marked decrease in nonresting energy expenditure in ambulatory human subjects. Metabolism. 1988; 37:930–36. [PubMed: 3173112]
- “Men Starve in Minnesota.” Life 19, 5 (July 30, 1945): 43–46. https://books.google.com.au/books?id=z0kEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PP1&pg=PA43&redir_esc=y&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Peos et al, Intermittent Dieting: Theoretical Considerations for the Athlete. Sports 2019, 7, 22; doi:10.3390/sports7010022
- Peos et al. Continuous versus intermittent moderate energy restriction for increased fat mass loss and fat free mass retention in adult athletes: Protocol for a randomised controlled trial – The ICECAP trial (Intermittent versus Continuous Energy restriction Compared in an Athlete Population), BMJ Open Sport & Exercise Medicine 4(1):e000423 · October 2018